Senior Web developers
“The future depends on what we do in the present” Mahatma Gandhi
Are you looking for a meaningful Web Developer job in a fun team that participates to regenerate biodiversity?
BeeOdiversity is a greentech and impact driven scale-up that supports corporates and public authorities in creating value through the regeneration of biodiversity.
- Active in +15 countries
- Around 20 people (bioengineers, IT, beekeepers, sales, etc)
We provide our clients with nature and tech-based monitoring solutions and advice to assess their impact and take action to enhance biodiversity and reduce agricultural and industrial pollutants.
- For example, we collaborate with bees to monitor pollution and biodiversity on-site.
- We also develop softwares and tech solutions.
More about us in a five minutes video (French, English subtitles) or hereunder.
Role and responsabilities
What we expect you to do: Help us develop and expand the above-mentioned solutions, which means:
- Integrating data from multiple sources – from spatial information to species level data using Python
- Feeding them to a PostgreSQL + PostGis database
- Develop the logic to for example:
- Get information about features around a given site
- compute risk index and expose them as an API using Django & DRF
- Create front ends using the data in React and Tailwind
- Deploy and manage apps on Azure (no sysadmin here so we use managed instances and a couple of GitHub actions to deploy)
We also want you to take part in technical and products decisions and make sure our application can be maintained efficiently.
About the job
We recently won a significant funding from the EU for a project that will bring our impact to a much bigger scale thanks to softwares and tech solutions. These softwares and solutions will allow anyone to obtain information regarding pollution and biodiversity, evaluate risks and act accordingly. They will leverage multiple sets of data and include innovation (AI, computer vision, etc).
We are expanding our development team (currently two people) to tackle this project and are looking for Senior Web Developers to join us (along with a Data Scientist we are also hiring).
How we work
- We work closely with our sales teams, customers and bioengineer colleagues, reacting to change when needed
- We favor short development cycles (a few days to a few weeks)
- We tend to work “end to end” on features
- We think that a short demo or experiment is often better than a lengthy debate to make decisions
- We see technical solutions as a mean to an end – delivering value to our users
- We help and support each other and want to succeed as a team
What we look for
- Some years of experience in Web Development, preferably with Python or Django
- An experience with software products in production – giving support, identifying and solving bugs
- A positive, pragmatic approach to problems and a willingness to make tradeoffs
- An ambition to learn and share your experience
Why do people enjoy working at BeeOdiversity
- Meaningful work
- Participate to ambitious, innovative and challenging projects in a growing company
- Work in a team of fun, impact driven colleagues
- Well-being at work starts with participation and ownership of the vision and strategy, collaborative governance, empowerment of responsibilities and an inclusive team.
- Opportunity to contribute to improve biodiversity in Europe and beyond
- Flexibility regarding work organization
Remote policy: Remote friendly with offices in Brussels (Delta) and Nivelles
We are a group of impact-driven humans with a goal to make a difference. If you are looking for an interesting and rewarding opportunity to apply your skills and experience to meaningful work, come join us!
Interested? Send Martin a resume and a few words about why you’d like to work here to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch. Please mention in the e-mail’s title: “Senior Web Developer”
To change tomorrow, contact us today
Want to halt the loss of biodiversity and create value? Do you have an idea or do you want to find out more about our approach and our services ?
Complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
BeeOdiversity develops projects in several European countries, Switzerland and the United States. Its tools and services can be used the world over.
To contact us from Belgium and abroad : +32 2 428 00 82
Head office : Avenue des Ajoncs 25 - 1150 Brussels (Belgium)
Operating office : Chaussée de Namur 143 - 1402 Thines (Belgium)
Contact number in France : +33 6 21 76 65 75
Station F - 5 Parvis Alan Turing Paris 13ème (France)
Like the idea of working with us ?