Senior Bioengineer based in Belgium or France
“The future depends on what we do in the present” Mahatma Gandhi
Are you looking for a meaningful BioEngineer job in a fun team that participates to regenerate biodiversity?
BeeOdiversity is a greentech and impact driven scale-up that supports corporates and public authorities in creating value through the regeneration of biodiversity.
- Active in +15 countries
- Around 20 people (bioengineers, IT, beekeepers, sales, etc)
We provide our clients with nature and tech-based monitoring solutions and advice to assess their impact and take action to enhance biodiversity and reduce agricultural and industrial pollutants.
- For example, we collaborate with bees to monitor pollution and biodiversity on-site.
- We also develop softwares and tech solutions.
More about us in a five minutes video (French, English subtitles) or hereunder.
Role and responsabilities
What we expect you to do
- participate to biodiversity strategic consultancy assignments, in collaboration with other colleagues and the founders.
- provide expertise in on-site biodiversity regeneration and/or sustainable agriculture projects and, where appropriate, coordinate projects.
- support the IT team with biodiversity and sustainable agriculture expertise
- support the coordination of the bioengineering team.
- support the sales team in presenting BeeOdiversity activities and designing missions.
- support the R&D team in the design of innovation projects.
About the job
You will participate in missions aimed at helping clients define biodiversity strategies: assessment of their impact, areas for improvement, etc. These missions are varied and range from the interpretation of site data related to biodiversity (e.g. plant species) and/or pollutants (agricultural and industrial) to the evaluation and advice for the improvement of practices (e.g. agricultural, industrial, real estate, etc.)
In addition, we recently won a significant funding from the EU for a project that will bring our impact to a much bigger scale thanks to softwares and tech solutions. These softwares and solutions will allow anyone to obtain information regarding pollution and biodiversity, evaluate risks and act accordingly. They will leverage multiple sets of data and include innovation (AI, computer vision, etc). You will support the team to collect the proper data, define models and decision rules, define the features, etc.
How we work
- We work closely with our customers and colleagues of different teams (sales, IT, etc),
- We understand the needs and constraints of our clients, including the fact that our projects have to create environmental and business value for such clients and their stakeholders
- We believe that to trigger a change, we need to include all stakeholders
- We encourage each team member to develop and share their talents
- We help and support each other and want to succeed as a team
What we look for
- minimum 3 years of experience in biodiversity consultancy and/or biodiversity regeneration / preservation projects (consultant, environmental manager, etc).
- experience in regenerative agriculture is a plus to be clearly highlighted.
- autonomy, team spirit, alignment with values, dynamism and enthusiasm
- a positive, pragmatic approach to problems and a willingness to make tradeoffs
- an ambition to learn and share your experience
- a person ready to evolve within the company as there are several opportunities
Language: English (level B2 minimum) ; French and/or Dutch
OPTIONAL EXPERTISE TO BE HIGHLIGHTED
- eDNA or other biodiversity monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry
- Programming knowledge
- Team management
- Commercial, innovation, research
- Network among CSR managers, environmental managers
- Knowledge of computer tools: office automation and geomatics (QGIS, ArcGIS)
- Knowledge of the scientific and associative network
Why do people enjoy working at BeeOdiversity
- Meaningful work
- Participate to ambitious, innovative and challenging projects in a growing company
- Work in a team of fun, impact driven colleagues
- Well-being at work starts with participation and ownership of the vision and strategy, collaborative governance, empowerment of responsibilities and an inclusive team.
- Opportunity to contribute to improve biodiversity in Europe and beyond
- Flexibility regarding work organization
Remote policy: Remote friendly with offices in Brussels (Delta) and Nivelles
We are a group of impact-driven humans with a goal to make a difference. If you are looking for an interesting and rewarding opportunity to apply your skills and experience to meaningful work, come join us!
Interested? Send Christel a resume and a few words about why you’d like to work here to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch. Please mention in the e-mail’s title: “Senior BioEngineer”
To change tomorrow, contact us today
Want to halt the loss of biodiversity and create value? Do you have an idea or do you want to find out more about our approach and our services ?
Complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
BeeOdiversity develops projects in several European countries, Switzerland and the United States. Its tools and services can be used the world over.
To contact us from Belgium and abroad : +32 2 428 00 82
Head office : Avenue des Ajoncs 25 - 1150 Brussels (Belgium)
Operating office : Chaussée de Namur 143 - 1402 Thines (Belgium)
Contact number in France : +33 6 21 76 65 75
Station F - 5 Parvis Alan Turing Paris 13ème (France)
Like the idea of working with us ?